Shocked, Simply Shocked
That's how I feel because Crispin Sartwell has yet to respond to my e-mail offering to spray paint my opinion (of his LA Times op-ed rationalizing graffiti) on his garage. (See Monday's posting.) I've e-mailed him again. Perhaps he's on vacation. Surely, he stands behind what he wrote, and it will be only days before he gives me a date to come over and spray-paint "Crispin Sartwell is a blithering idiot" on his garage door. What's good enough for Mr. Coca-Cola is surely good enough for Mr. Crispin...right?

August 27, 2003

Dear Crispin,
Hey, I'm still waiting to hear when I can spray-paint my opinion of your op-ed piece on your garage (or other area of your house or apartment). You do stand behind what you wrote in that op-ed, don't you?
--Amy Alkon

Posted by aalkon at August 27, 2003 8:09 AM

Comments

'Zactly! Yeah.

Now, you still married?

Posted by: Cridland at August 27, 2003 10:10 AM

Whoops. THat was supposed to go on the one about what boys like.

It's what happens when you load windows for you/instapundit/goldberg/pierce/ford/seipp/welch/blair/robotwisdom/cnn/postrel/fark/gawker and drudge all at once.

Posted by: Cridland at August 27, 2003 10:15 AM

Married? Huh? I don't believe in marriage. I believe it exists, I just don't believe it makes sense anymore with how long we live and how women have their own money (if they want, and if they're smart).

Posted by: (Amy Alkon) at August 27, 2003 10:16 AM

LOL. I love your remark, "I believe it exists." I'm waiting for someone to tell me, "I don't believe in swearing." I'll just let fly with a conviction-shattering stream of vulgarity that would make a sailor brandish a crucifix at me. That's what happened incidentally, when I was little. I was in the library, in the children's section. And a kid about 8 years old says, "My mother doesn't believe in swearing." Someone from the next table chimes in, "That's a bunch of bull." To which the first child replies, "Shut the fuck up!"

As for Crispin, he's a big chicken, Amy! I am so disappointed. I thought we could ALL go over and do his whole house in kind of a rainbow motif. You know, garish, wild colors, in a sixties hippie style. Flower power all the way. Now, who has some good suggestions for that Dodge Durango he drives?

Tell him we'd all like to do it.

Posted by: Patrick at August 27, 2003 11:43 AM

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posted by: Rip at August 27, 2003 9:04 PM

Great idea, Patrick! Yeah! Neon all over the garage! It'll look like Hildi from Trading Spaces redecorated his garage-and that's the final insult.

Posted by: Clarkified at August 28, 2003 7:44 AM

My sentiments exactement. A local art critic explained the explosion of daft scribbles all over our beautiful city (Cape Town) as "the same as dogs pissing to mark their territory." Rather good.

When police set a trap for perpetrators under a city bridge popular with the graffiti-is-good-for-you crowd, who should fall into it but two lecturers from the art school at a local college. They said they were protesting at the suppression of free speech by the city council, which has just passed an ordinance that creates tough penalties for spraycan scuzzballs.

When they realised they were going to be punished by a court, they sang a rather different tune.

Posted by: Dave F at September 2, 2003 4:31 AM