There Are Dumbass Performance Artists In Every City
Gregg says, That guy must have seen The Seventh Seal one too many times. This guy just stood there, with his head hanging, doing nothing else, separating dumb rubes from their money, on Saint-Germain-Des-Prs. (Thats me on the left, ignoring him while passing by.)

dumbass druid.jpg

Posted by aalkon at July 14, 2004 7:14 AM

Comments

Here we see the backside of the silly, pretentious Leona Helmsley as she spreads her special brand of good cheer all across Paris. Clad in hood, shunned by society, John Merrick, the Elephant man, meekly asks for some money so he may eat.
"Not with that face-you don't deserve to eat," snorted Leona.
"I, mon ami, hang out only with de, how you say,
beautiful people, eat shit and die ya elephant faced bastard."

Posted by: chris at July 14, 2004 7:24 AM

Anti-semitism is so rampant in Paris that they now have a local chapter of the KKK.

Posted by: nash at July 14, 2004 12:21 PM

Wanted to thank Amy for letting me have some fun with her pictures. Amy actually looks quite wonderful, and I must admit I'm a little envious of Mr. Sutter. But I'm afraid Amy and I are in different leagues. I eat at Taco Bell and vacation in places like the City of Industry.

Posted by: chris at July 14, 2004 4:22 PM

I'm laughing it up with the rest of them, actually. City Of Industry? Are they really that industrious there?

Posted by: Amy "Let Them Eat Cake" Alkon at July 14, 2004 10:25 PM

That "monk" is not a panhandler. He's a worker in Chirac's latest full employment scheme -- the "Institute for the Increase of Local Color and Character." He has a government-paid PhD in Comparative Eleemosynary Studies. And by the way, I think you're one of the few that can successfully pull off that.

Posted by: Tony at July 15, 2004 12:56 PM

Hi, was just wondering who took that photo since you obviously could not have taken it. Also, did you plan to take the photo as such or was it a candid shot?

Posted by: kara at July 17, 2004 1:47 PM

No, photographing myself from behind, from a distance, is not one of my talents. My boyfriend, Gregg Sutter, was walking next to me and slipped back to take the photo. If you read French, here's an article about him from two weeks ago in Liberation.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at July 17, 2004 4:29 PM