The Writing Process by Pamela Anderson
Silly James Joyce and F. Scott Fitzgerald, driving themselves to drink, and ruining their eyesight to boot, by actually writing their own novels. America's silicone sweetheart, Pamela Anderson, who just published a novel, lifts and separates herself from her fiction-writing predecessors by having a ghostwriter handle the tiresome business of transforming her spoken pearls into printed words. And it's a good thing she does, according to Entertainment Weekly's interview with our newest literary lioness:

"Well, there are things I dont really know about, like sentence structure, a beginning, a middle, and an end. All those hard things."

Such ridiculous impediments to getting one's international breast tour -- uh, book tour -- underway.

(link accessible to AOL/EW subscribers only)

Posted by aalkon at August 1, 2004 4:33 PM

Comments

Unless she was joking? Mmm... I used to like her columns in Jane and use to think that she was smart enough with a sense of humor about herself. Then I don't know if you read about what happened to my friend Kate who got called names by her and David LaChapelle during an interview (Page 6 mentioned it today, days after several LA bloggers linked to it.) This was rather uncool and my opinion on her has changed, to say the least!

Ps: can't include hyperlinks for some reason!

Posted by: Emmanuelle at August 1, 2004 10:03 PM

Didn't she do a series of articles in Jane to keep the world, um, abreast of her hepatitis C infection?

Posted by: Lena at August 2, 2004 10:48 PM

My favorite line from the (heavily ghost-written) book:

It's on page 151, in case you don't believe me.

Posted by: modestproposal at August 2, 2004 11:19 PM

Barbara Cartland used to lay around all day, eating bonbons and speaking her fantasies aloud into a tape recorder. She didn't write her own books, so why should Pamela?

Posted by: Lena at August 3, 2004 8:08 AM

Page 151 "[His climaxes were] wet and messy and unexpected, as though Silly String had shot out of his ear. Only it wasnt his ear.

And it wasn't silly string. Sounds like the heroine of this novel needs a new boyfriend.

Kind of like Monica's (from Friends) "Howard, the 'I Win'" guy. "I win! I win!" he would say. She went out with him for two months and didn't get to win once.

Posted by: Patrick at August 3, 2004 3:28 PM