The Ugly Squad On Patrol

uglydress.jpg

Wearing a dress this hideous, paired with equally hideous white
patent leather shoes, is a highly effective form of abstinence.

Posted by aalkon at January 12, 2005 11:44 AM

Comments

"is a highly effective form of abstinence."

Oh I dunno, depends on what she looks like with it off, don't it?

Posted by: Todd Fletcher at January 12, 2005 4:53 PM

It takes a certain kind of special person to take a picture of a couple dressed to the nines late at night on a deserted street in front of an >>> Erotic Museum

On the other hand, the guy looks like he is halfway through the door and she appears to be prentending that the Erotic Museum does not exist. Now THAT is revealing! :-)

Posted by: Tony at January 12, 2005 5:40 PM

She doesn't look particularly abstinent to me. The guy holding her hand is probably taking her home for a merciless pounding. Lucky bitch!

Posted by: Lena at January 12, 2005 5:42 PM

(second try)

It takes a certain kind of special person to take a picture of a couple holding hands...dressed to the nines... late at night...on a deserted street...in front of an Erotic Museum (!!!) and comment only that the woman's dress is an effective form of abstinence!

On the other hand, the guy looks like he is halfway through the door of the Erotic Museum while she appears to be prentending that it...does not exist.

Now THAT is revealing! :-)

Posted by: Tony at January 12, 2005 5:45 PM

Well, Bee Eye Tee See Ache!

That girl has always spoken highly of YOUR appearance...

Posted by: Cridland at January 12, 2005 5:47 PM

I agree w/Amy. Totally "don't F- me" clothes.

Hack off the bottom 1/3 of that dress, and fit her with a pair of Manolos, and she's all set to go.

Posted by: RKN at January 13, 2005 12:40 AM

I saw a photo of the front of the dress. It had a line of text which read, " I HEART MENCKEN"

Posted by: Mao C. Tongue at January 13, 2005 1:16 AM

I totally dig her look; I heart the 70s!

Posted by: nancy at January 13, 2005 3:30 AM

You can't even see them, they are both a blurr.
However to be more specific. You don't even know what the woman looks like, .....unless of course you like anal.
I do agree with whomever posted the photograph. The shoe APPEAR to be retro and the dress does look like somthing twenty years ago. Looks like one of those old fashion prom dresses.
Personally, I would'nt even make a judgment call till I saw her up close and personal.

Posted by: james malina at January 13, 2005 6:11 PM

Your compassion comes too late, James: Amy had her beheaded several days ago. The video can by seen at the Al Jazeera website.

Posted by: Lena at January 13, 2005 6:35 PM

Lena, I scavenged the head and I can tell you it is a beauty.

Posted by: Doug Mason at January 13, 2005 9:37 PM

Heh heh...Nance, I thought about you whenI was putting it up, and thought you'd say that! Well, James, I did see her up close and personal. I just couldn't chase her fast enough with the camera. And I'm a judgmental bitch. It's one of my more charming qualities, I think.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at January 13, 2005 9:39 PM

Hey you judgemental bitch, the link to your current column from the main page doesn't work. Please fix it, I neeeeeeed my fix of your judgemental bitchiness.

Posted by: Kate at January 13, 2005 10:05 PM

Thanks so much for telling me. A lot of people have been. I'm technically lame, AND in Paris. Emailed techsavvy boyfriend the column...hoping it will be up soon!

Posted by: Amy Alkon at January 13, 2005 10:10 PM

Amy, I thought you liked those shoes. Boo Hoo!

Posted by: Sheryl at January 14, 2005 12:56 AM

Amy, the lady's white heels were worn to give contrast to the dress and to draw the man's eyes to her ankles -- he's an ankle man and he's now a captive to her charms and cunning (it's just that simple!!!).

I just know I'm right about this.

Posted by: Curtis at January 14, 2005 11:05 PM

Captive is right. The only reason he's there, I'd guess.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at January 14, 2005 11:08 PM

Amy! You're THAT cynical?

Posted by: Curtis at January 15, 2005 12:03 AM