Deadline Day!

deadlineday.jpg

But, see below: If only it were this easy to get the words out!

ifonlythiseasy.jpg

(This ad is a page out of Gregg's research, which I found after my Perrier bottle exploded, and he spread all his work out on our hotel room floor to dry, which made it feel like fall, but with Xeroxes on the ground instead of leaves.)

Is it just me, or does that child look rather satanic?

Posted by aalkon at December 5, 2005 11:08 AM

Comments

It's just you, Amy. The child obviously is afraid of the spunky woman with the beater who might run out of carpets any second now, thanks to the miraculous power of "Sal Hepatica"...

Posted by: Rainer at December 5, 2005 5:10 AM

Hey Amy, isn't it still 12/5? Or did I sleep all the way through Monday?

Posted by: deja pseu at December 5, 2005 6:35 AM

It still is 12/5, and I'm still on deadline, through Tuesday.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at December 5, 2005 6:49 AM

Remember this guy?

That price can't be right.

Link test.

Posted by: Crid at December 5, 2005 10:29 AM

A chuckle: the text is very much like Robert Heinlein's narrative style, such as he uses when making an example of petty consumerism.

Posted by: Radwaste at December 5, 2005 7:17 PM

Always liked this Heilein quote:

"Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own."

I'm all for electric cars, but that one could be a bit cheaper and look a little less like a regular car that got slammed in a door.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at December 5, 2005 8:19 PM

Oh, it's a carpet beater! I was wondering what that thing was, and why it was coming out of the back of mommy's neck. I thought maybe it was a wind-up key and mommy was some kind of animation.

Posted by: Patrick at December 6, 2005 4:27 AM

I'm impressed by the domesticity of a man who recognizes a carpet-beater.

(For a moment, I thought that was a sexual epithet.)

Yes, I know...shouldn't I be bleeding from the eyeballs to get the words in the right place on the page? Yes, I should.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at December 6, 2005 4:59 AM