Rioters Smash Store Windows And Cars
Clearly, a result of dumb French policy by those dumb French, huh?

Posted by aalkon at December 12, 2005 5:48 AM

Comments

Get back to us weekend after next.

Posted by: Crid at December 12, 2005 9:57 AM

I was appalled to note the guy with the "100% Aussie pride" blurb. Is he not aware of the aboriginal people whose culture goes back a couple thousand years? Surely only they are 100% Aussie. (Not that I have real high expectations for white supremacists, brain-wise.)

I had read recently that the Australian government was also trying to push through tougher terrorist laws, so perhaps that is also a factor.

Posted by: That Julia at December 12, 2005 10:47 AM

Before you insult Australia and it's policies, keep in mind that the riots started because 2 innocent lifesavers were bashed on Cronulla beach, not that this is a defence for the resulting riots. Also, America isn't exactly a fantastic example of seamless multiculturalism. Bloods, Crips, KKK anyone? People in glass houses...
Oh, and "That Julie" are you suggesting that only American Indians are the only true Americans too?

Posted by: Sarah at December 12, 2005 5:32 PM

I'm sure you're far more civilized than we are. I'm just hoping we won't have riots tonight in Los Angeles due to the impending execution of Tookie Williams. I don't know if he did or didn't do what he was accused of, but the death penalty is barbaric and primitive.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at December 12, 2005 6:35 PM

The French are cowards. They won't fight to defend their own. I'm glad to know that at least the Australians and Americans will.

Posted by: nash at December 12, 2005 10:26 PM

Nash, do you know a whole lot of French people?

Posted by: Amy Alkon at December 12, 2005 10:31 PM

Amy, I didn't mention it before but I think your site is fantastic. You probably don't need my approval, after all, we don't even know eachother, but that aside, you aren't a bad person to aspire to be like. Although I may hold off on buying a Pink Rambler...

Posted by: Sarah at December 13, 2005 3:03 AM

Hey, thanks...I really appreciate that. I and I strongly suggest buying an Insight -- 66mpg (not sure what in kilometers) -- and my post-Rambler car of choice!

Posted by: Amy Alkon at December 13, 2005 4:44 AM

I don't know if Nash knows many French, but I live in Europe and agree with him. The majority are self-centered and dislike everything not French. Funny part is the majority of Europeans can't stand the French. Self-preservation is the reason they don't fight anymore. See they have lost every war they were in but one, the French Revolution. That was won by default so it doesn't count.

The riots are due to the French treating non-white French and foreigners as substandard humans. It was only a matter of time.

Posted by: myhog at December 18, 2005 5:42 AM