Catharsis Can Brighten A Lackluster Kitchen
For the girl who has everything...but the boyfriend she just caught in bed with another woman? Via Kate Coe, this stylish knife holder makes quite the statement!

CSB-VooDoo-Man-Final1A300L.gif

Posted by aalkon at January 1, 2006 11:50 AM

Comments

I've seen a more satisfying effigy: some fellow was upset at a female person of some relationship or other, so he magic-markered her name on all the toilet bowls and urinals at Hooters one fine evening.

Publicity was achieved, no vandalism occurred (marker washes off porcelain with Comet) and no token remained at the house to constantly remind anyone of their starring role in a failed relationship. Why internalize such a thing, when you can express yourself?

Posted by: Radwaste at January 1, 2006 7:35 AM

I wonder if it would be equally acceptable for the figurine to be a woman.

Posted by: Norman at January 1, 2006 8:01 AM

Good point, Norm. For a lot of people, probably not. Personally, I don't feel vengeful toward anyone I've dated, and I think it's important to take personal responsibility, not blame the other person, even if they've done wrong in some way. People tell you what they're made of -- if you're willing to listen. Most people aren't. Finding somebody ethical was of primary importance to me; to a lot of people, it isn't. I'd seen this thing before, actually, but without the "Ex" connotation to it. I just like it because I'm twisted. When I was in high school, I used to make kiln-fired clay men (and women) stuck in jars, their eyes bulging out, pushing from inside to out at the clay to escape. Yes, I've been a twisted child all my life. If you want a glimpse inside my head (albeit in minimalist form) watch the new Earthlink commercials with the beasts and midgets running around.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at January 1, 2006 3:39 PM

My ex would love that. Come to think of it, so would my first wife.

Posted by: Rodger Jacobs at January 1, 2006 5:45 PM

"When I was in high school, I used to make kiln-fired clay men (and women) stuck in jars, their eyes bulging out, pushing from inside to out at the clay to escape. Yes, I've been a twisted child all my life. If you want a glimpse inside my head (albeit in minimalist form) watch the new Earthlink commercials with the beasts and midgets running around."

Actually, I'll just imagine you lugging your tiger, Hobbes, with you everywhere you go. That way I'll be comforted by the idea a rational voice is near you at all times... (VBG)

Posted by: Radwaste at January 1, 2006 10:00 PM

Women mutilate their Barbies, so maybe this knive block doesn't need to come in female form. I actually think it's pretty androg, myself.

Posted by: KateCoe at January 2, 2006 10:11 AM

If it was in the shape of a person driving a car while talking on a cell phone, I'd buy their whole inventory in a heartbeat.

Posted by: Abby at January 3, 2006 10:06 AM

ROFL

I am surprised there isn't a knife going through the groin!

Posted by: Senor Limey at January 4, 2006 1:38 PM