Where Sci-Fi Meets Butter Cookies

9178431778.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Swedish Christmas, by Catarina Lundgren Astrom and Peter Arnstrom, who may write a good cookbook but apparently are entirely lacking in irony.

Posted by aalkon at February 23, 2006 11:34 AM

Comments

That photograph at once makes me hungry, freaks me out, and gives me a massive erection.

Posted by: OC_Will at February 23, 2006 12:16 AM

1. Will, that's sick. Sick. Good to see you here.

2. What is the context implied by that background?

3. Remember that she might grow up to look like this, in which case that hat can be forgiven:

Posted by: Crid at February 23, 2006 12:43 AM

Swedish girls really do go around with candles in their hair at christmastime. Even the really perv-worthy mature ones, not just the lolitas. And those cookies are more likely ginger than butter. A strong drink called glug is also served, and that tends to de-focus the mind quite nicely.

--Stu (with a swedish son-in-law)

Posted by: Stu "El Inglés" Harris at February 23, 2006 6:54 AM

Irony is overrated, Amy.

That girl is adorable, and I want to borrow her hat!

Posted by: Lena at February 23, 2006 7:53 AM

Stu - Are you Australian? Duzzenmadder... I will be weaving the term "perv-worthy" into conversation in the weeks ahead, and you will not be given credit. Sorry

Posted by: Crid at February 23, 2006 8:48 PM

The background clearly hints at parted labia.

Posted by: OC_Will at February 23, 2006 9:05 PM

DUDE! You've found your place at Alkon's. Check back often.

Excellent.

Posted by: Crid at February 23, 2006 9:06 PM

Swedish girls really do go around with candles in their hair at christmastime.

Yeah, I've heard of this too. I heard about it from friends who went to boarding school with Scandies. Some friends of mine saw it at a youth hostel somewhere too.

They said these Scandie, twenty-something beauties went from room to room on Christmas Eve, singing carols and passing out cookies, wearing candles on their heads and transparent, white gowns, with nothing underneath that god didn't give 'em.

...like the Ghosts of Christmas Horny.

Posted by: Ken Shultz at February 23, 2006 9:46 PM

This is great! I want a perv-worthy candle-hat twenty-something beauty naked under a sheer white gown to come sing for me and feed me ginger cookies and glug at xmas!

Posted by: Little Shiva at February 24, 2006 11:55 AM

The girl is dressed up as a Lucia. It is celebrated on December 13 in Sweden. I could send you a recipe for "glögg" if you are interested. Talking about recipes, you are welcome to send me your recipes for next week's edition of the Carnival of the Recipes with a Danish theme.

All the Best,

Martin Lindeskog - American in spirit.
Gothenburg, Sweden.