"You Lookin' At Me?"

youlookinatme.jpg

Heh heh...whaddya know, I was walking down Melrose, on my way to meet cartoonist Donna Barstow at Chocolat, when I ran into this half-naked woman on the street corner.

I think her attire is a welcome change from what seems to be the Los Angeles city uniform for too many women: long stringy hair, flip-flops, and sweatpants with a big "Juicy" plastered across the ass.

I dunno about you, but the last thing I want plastered across my hindquarters is the word "Juicy." I don't want to see it on yours, either -- any more than I want to see the words "A Bit Backed Up Today" or "The Metamucil Should Be Working Very Soon." Thanks, but I'll learn that, and all the rest of your private medical information, from your long, loud cell phone calls.

Posted by aalkon at March 23, 2006 11:27 AM

Comments

A MOST welcomed change! Thanks !

Posted by: mbruce at March 23, 2006 6:31 AM

You need to move back to New York- there's a much higher standard of daily dress, thank goodness. I went down to South Beach for vacation last week, and was reminded that most of the country dresses like slobs, ESPECIALLY when on vacation in South Beach. Yuck. Take me back to Manhattan, indeed!

Posted by: MissPinkKate at March 23, 2006 8:50 AM

The Goddess writes:

EWWWWW! Amy, that's hysterical. Thanks for the best laugh I'm likely to get all day!

Posted by: Patrick at March 23, 2006 8:59 AM

We should appreciate all the slobs running around, they help make us clean folk shine in comparison.

Posted by: Todd Fletcher at March 23, 2006 10:43 AM

'I dunno about you, but the last thing I want plastered across my hindquarters is the word "Juicy."'

I know some people who should have "In Need of Rejuvenation Surgery" plastered on theirs.

Posted by: Lena at March 23, 2006 2:19 PM

on my way to meet cartoonist Donna Barstow....

Interesting. Is Donna as rebarbative and self-promoting IRL as she is in blogsville?

Posted by: Stu "El Inglés" Harris at March 23, 2006 2:43 PM

If anyone is wondering what to get me for my birthday.....

Posted by: eric at March 24, 2006 12:00 PM

Dude, I'm not sure we're looking at a human being and not a mannequin.

I'm buyin' the thighs, but the rack is aftermarket (if not outright synthesis).

HBTY, but no tears if you don't like the package after you pull the ribbon

Posted by: Crid at March 24, 2006 2:19 PM

As a respected advice goddess, please remind me of the difference between having a "Juicy" logo on your ass and displaying this juicy picture on your excellent blog ;-)

Posted by: Tom at March 24, 2006 5:43 PM

I may pander, but I don't advertise!

Posted by: Amy Alkon at March 24, 2006 6:28 PM

I share your skeptisism Crid (sp?), and had the same thoughts/doudbts as to her anime. But damn! Those hips, that hair.... what would Deckard do?

Tonight my wife said men are stupid, and "we can get men to do anything we want them to". I laughed at her.

But damn!

Now I gotta look up rebarbitive.

Posted by: Eric at March 24, 2006 8:43 PM

> what would Deckard do?

Eric, you're a brother. ("You're in a desert, walking along in the sand when all of a sudden you look down...")

> Now I gotta look up rebarbitive.

A twin!

Posted by: Crid at March 24, 2006 8:55 PM

What's a tortise?

Posted by: eric at March 25, 2006 7:57 AM

The Goddess writes:

On the other hand, if the word was "gassy" and I were in a position to read it, I would walk briskly past him and thank him for the warning.

Posted by: Patrick at March 26, 2006 7:36 PM