Advice Goddess Blog
« Previous | Home | Next »

A Is For Anus
The metal can (Wolfgang Puck's self-heating Gourmet Latte) you put in the microwave(!!) caused an explosion? Sue! Sue! Here's the guy's comment from the LawProfessors blog:

When will there be a class action suit against WP Gourmet Lattes? In this microwave society and Campbell Soup's TV ads on microwavable soup in a can, WP's self-heating can was negligent in it's small, hidden warning against heating in a microwave (which causes a severe explosion in a matter of seconds). Our microwave was destroyed, our kitchen covered in dried latte and most important, my wife required 7 stiches above her eye. Had she been in front of the microwave, she'd also been scalded, even blinded. Her employer's (middle school pricipal) cousin experienced the same thing (without the injuries), but could have been near the exploding microwave with her infant! There's better warnings on firecrackers!

Mike, we'll help you out: When you light a firecracker, avoid sticking it up your nose, or even worse, in the darkened anal area where you appear to store your head.

via overlawyered

Posted by aalkon at June 21, 2006 6:07 AM

Trackback Pings

TrackBack URL for this entry:


When I was a kid I microwaved a juice box. I knew juice boxes were lined in metal foil, just didn't think about it. My fault. Doubt I will make that same oversight ever again.

In my recollection, the juice box arced for several seconds before i turned off the microwave. I think you would have to be pretty inattentive to let it go to the point of an explosion.

Posted by: smurfy at June 21, 2006 10:32 AM

i swear....people would try to sue the sun if they got a sunburn....

Why not go after the microwave manufacturer?

Posted by: Rob at June 21, 2006 11:50 AM

Quoting Crid from yesterday:

"You are LA's champion blog item title-er."

Posted by: Lena at June 21, 2006 3:25 PM

Thank you, dahlingk. And Crid, too.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at June 21, 2006 5:24 PM

Leave a comment