Bonjour. Where's My Sharia Law?!
French Muslim is shocked, shocked, when Sharia law is not applied in a secular society. Why? Because certain Muslims expect it to be applied...and when the Muslim birth rate in France gets high enough, guess what? It probably will. Here's the story from Reuters UK:

A French Muslim who attacked a male gynaecologist for examining his wife just after she had given birth, saying it was against Islam, has been jailed for six months by a Paris court.

Fouad ben Moussa burst into the delivery room at a Paris hospital last November and shoved, slapped and insulted Dr Jean-Francois Oury as he examined the woman after a complicated birth, the prosecution said in court on Wednesday.

Police had to intervene to remove him.

Ben Moussa, a 23-year-old lorry driver, apologised for the attack and said he had requested a female doctor. French state hospitals comply with such requests when staffing permits but say patients must accept treatment from the doctors on duty.

"This is a public and secular place," prosecution lawyer Georges Holleaux said of the state hospital where the attack occurred. "This is not the place where one can invoke religion to get different treatment."

Not at the moment, anyway.

Visit old Europe while you can. Before you have to do it in a hijab, or worse.

Oh, and don't bother blaming the "poor conditions" in which European Muslims live. From another Reuters UK story by Michael Holden about a group of British Muslims suspected of plotting to blow up U.S-bound planes, who were radicalized "in just weeks or months":

..."One of the really shocking things ... is the apparent speed with which young, reasonably affluent, some reasonably well-educated, British-born people were converted," police chief Ian Blair told a conference on Islamophobia.

Posted by aalkon at January 25, 2007 4:59 AM

Comments

>guess what? It probably will.

Il fera froid en l'enfer ce jour-la.

Interesting report, from which I draw a conclusion opposite to yours. I take it as a welcome sign that European laws are highly resistant to legitimising the vile abuses of women practiced by Islam.

Posted by: Stu "El Inglés" Harris at January 25, 2007 8:07 AM

Yes Stu, Europeans are justly proud of their laws, and policies, and institutions and principles...

It's *people* that are causing the trouble. And the Moussas of the world are on the march.

Posted by: Crid at January 25, 2007 8:10 AM

This will probably get deleted too, but here goes.

Democracy has a little tiny flaw in it - if any one group of people (that will act as a bloc) gets to 51% or the total voting population, they make all the rules.

I don't know if the Republic of France has a constitution or judiciary that would prevent such a takeover (not an opinion, just my ignorance of the intracacies of French jurisprudence).

You may not like it, but demography is destiny. And the muslims are reproducing at a far greater rate than any other group in Western Europe.

Posted by: brian at January 25, 2007 8:15 AM

Posted by: Chris at January 25, 2007 9:22 AM

Extremism is its own reward, especially for lonely people. See also Global Warming.

Posted by: Crid at January 25, 2007 9:25 AM

I remember a Hindu man when interviewed said "It isn't just us Hindu's having problems with Muslims. It's Christians, Jews, and Buddhists." and that was the first time I realized that perhaps the problem is Muslims. I mean usually you would only hear stifled complaints from Jews...and this one came from a Hindu living in India.

Posted by: PurplePen at January 25, 2007 9:38 AM

Brian, nothing here gets deleted except spam. Not intentionally, anyway. If you put in more than one link, it goes directly to my junk folder. I don't do this; it's my software, and we haven't been able to get it to read my input of three links being the limit. Even my comments go to the junk folder with more than one link. If you email me and tell me right away, before I delete the crap in my junk folder, I will rescue it. I wish this didn't happen, but it's not because I delete people's remarks -- I want all of them, including any I disagree with -- but because of the vandalizing, thieving spammers.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at January 25, 2007 9:44 AM

I think the basic appeal of Islam is it's certainty. Like other extreme movements, the followers want a simple world to live in. The real world doesn't offer that, so they make one up. Then it's a matter of convincing as many others to agree with you, to silence your own nagging doubts. That's why it appeals to weak losers from all income brackets.

Posted by: Todd Fletcher at January 25, 2007 1:47 PM

Amy -

I humbly apologize for assuming the worst and beg your forgiveness.

The post that disappeared may have had links in it. It was in a previous thread about the RoP, and I figured I'd crossed a line.

Posted by: brian at January 25, 2007 2:57 PM

There are no lines to be crossed here, speechwise, unless you really bore the fuck out of us all, and repeatedly, in which case I might ban you. But, "offensive speech" is welcome...not that I'd necessarily be offended by what you have to say.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at January 25, 2007 4:03 PM

Osama bin Laden came from a very wealthy family. Is anyone aware of this? What was his motivation to become an extremist? -- Chris

In one of his videos he claimed it was the placing of US military bases on muslim holy land within saudi arabia - in fact the closuer of those bases was one of his outstanding demands before the 9/11 attacks. Bush had thoses bases closed within a year, so much for not giving into the terrorists demands.

Posted by: lujlp at January 25, 2007 10:39 PM

Well they could always go back to shari land instead of trying to make everyone else slaves to shari too.

Islam is a world wide problem, if it were not for oil westerns wouldnt prostitute themselves.
Speaking of India, I came across a site that might interest you all

Posted by: Lara at February 3, 2007 10:40 PM