Incredibly Courageous Woman

WafaSultanArabTV.jpg

Via a comment by Chicknlady, here's an incredible, incredibly passionate speech by Wafa Sultan (which I actually posted previously) against the murderous excesses of Islam. If only there were more like her, and if only, in the Muslim world, people weren't rightly called "courageous" for speaking their minds -- when their minds aren't on slaying the infidel.

Posted by aalkon at February 14, 2007 9:59 AM

Comments

I just read an article about her in one of the women's glossy mags at my hairdressers. She's pretty impressive.

Posted by: deja pseu at February 14, 2007 7:00 AM

A very brave woman indeed.

It looks like Dutch-Somali Ayaan Hirsi Ali has moved to the USA. She has accepted a fellowship at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington DC.

Posted by: Joe at February 14, 2007 1:04 PM

I'd read about that. I just hope others are inspired by them to speak out as well. If lots and lots of Muslims say Islam is backward and terrorism is wrong...they can't all be killed for it, can they?

P.S. I already say Judaism and Christianity are backward (along with all god belief), but Jews and Christians just tell me I'm a jerk for saying so...they don't intimate, as a Muslim women did recently, that I'll be murdered for criticizing "The Religion of Peace."

Posted by: Amy Alkon at February 14, 2007 1:44 PM

Right on target, Amy.

Remember, Muhammad’s game plan:

"Make great slaughter in the land."

"I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand." Sahih Bukhari: Volume 4, Book 52, Number 220

1,400 years of terror and slaughter.

The insurgents in Iraq are following the same strategy. To kill as many and place as much fear in the population to avoid anything connected to the USA or the West.

The violent reactions to the cartoons of the Muhammad. Now various media outlets around the world have to place fear in their decision making process when doing a story that may be perceived as critical to Islam.

The embassy bombings in Africa. Most of the victims were locals and they were Muslims (235 total deaths-11 Americans). The logic behind these deaths were the victims were impure because of their association with the infidels' embassies. It was the same logic behind the Bali bombings in Indonesia. Most of the victims were Australians (88) and Indonesians (38). The terrorists were justified in their deeds, because the Indonesian victims were impure by being near or associating with the infidels.

USA and the West's game plan needs to be simple: persistence, strength and determination.

Posted by: Joe at February 14, 2007 3:19 PM

I just spoke to somebody about this today...he was forced to censor something due to fears of Muslim terrorism. I can't say what -- but it wasn't his decision. The choice was kill the whole thing or omit a small but important bit.

People should just know that they don't know of many such examples of censorship -- but Muslim terrorism and primitivity is warping our society.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at February 14, 2007 3:35 PM