One More Thing To Love About Kate Coe
She's very smart, very funny, and whenever somebody offers me some TV gig, I typically call her up, tell her what I'm worried about and she pops off, off the top of her head, the way they actually should be doing it...which always makes total sense and is always a much better way than the way they actually are doing it.

And then, there's the fact that she, like me, is the kind of person people just want to spill shit to. At the Reason magazine party last night for John Stossel's new book, Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity: Get Out the Shovel--Why Everything You Know is Wrong, she revealed that a guy sitting next to her on an airplane once turned to her and said:

"I've tasted my own semen."

Hmm, first I'm snot-blogging, now it's semen. Seems there's sort of a theme going here. I promise to return to my regularly scheduled excretion-free vulgarities as soon as possible. But, first, there's this, bringing up the rear, via Jackie Danicki, and available at some point here. And while I'm at it, I just can't leave out the tampon stun gun:

Ladies can replace that monthly period with an exclamation mark as feminine hygiene goes lethal with The Pink Stinger, a taser/stun gun creatively disguised as a tampon...except for the buttons, prods and high voltage. This weapon of mass absorption aims to target a niche market consumer, that being the tampon wielding women who desire private and discreet security in a friendly familiar package.

Posted by aalkon at May 3, 2007 5:39 AM

Comments

OKay...what is the deal Amy? Next thing you know, we shall be spirally downhill to the anal vein of conversation of a month ago

Posted by: André-Tascha at May 3, 2007 7:16 AM

That was Kate Coe?

Posted by: Paul Hrissikopoulos at May 3, 2007 7:37 AM

It’s a “snowball”. Reference: Clerks, the movie.

As for the taser totin’ tampon tale, now I’ll have something to say when required to purchase the previously mentioned hygiene products. Don’t worry, they are for personal protection and are not lethal (most of the time).

Posted by: Roger at May 3, 2007 7:46 AM

Maybe I'm clumsy-er than most people, and more given to fumbling around for familiar objects in the moonlight after a glass of cab, but I think disguising high-voltage weapons as instruments of personal grooming is a terrible idea.

Posted by: Crid at May 3, 2007 7:49 AM

Crid: at the risk of being crass, the product in question appeared somewhat akin to an item for enhancing personal pleasure - a bit dangerous for the glass of cab inclined...

Posted by: André-Tascha at May 3, 2007 8:10 AM

A new toy for certain fetishists? It wouldn't shock me.

Posted by: justin case at May 3, 2007 9:33 AM

Not to reveal my knowledge of obscure sexual practices but I thought a snowball had to be passed from a "receiver" shall we say to qualify for that name. Or is that what he was alluding to when creepy-plane-guy so charmingly over-disclosed?

What I really want to know, is what response your friend had for creepy-plane-guy, Amy?

Ew.

Posted by: christina at May 3, 2007 10:09 AM

She wanted to know if I swallow. Or maybe that was someone else. Wait, was this on Lufthansa or Iberia?

Posted by: Paul Hrissikopoulos at May 3, 2007 10:39 AM

It wouldn't shock me

Was that an intentional pun Justin?

Posted by: André-Tascha at May 3, 2007 10:56 AM

Was that an intentional pun Justin?

Well, either that or a commentary on my resistance to high-voltage current.

Posted by: justin case at May 3, 2007 11:57 AM

Scarily enough, it was on a Lufthansa flight from Zurich to Cairo. I smiled nicely and put in my ear plugs. Later, I realized I should have said "Ice tea spoon--or double jointed?"

Posted by: KateCoe at May 4, 2007 3:31 PM

"I've tasted my own semen."

Well, I've tasted my own, and I've tasted dozens of OTHER men's semen too. Anything you can do, I can do better.

Posted by: Lena at May 5, 2007 10:56 AM

Well, out with it: Who wins the Pepsi Challenge?

Posted by: Amy Alkon at May 5, 2007 11:28 AM