Advice Goddess Blog
« Previous | Home | Next »

Is There An Odder Couple?
It's kind of like hearing that Yassir Arafat got it on with Golda Meir. Check this out, from NYMag's Daily Intelligencer:

Former city-council president and lifelong Democrat Andrew Stein (seen here with Anne Hearst) made out with Ann Coulter at Soho House.

Posted by aalkon at October 11, 2007 9:23 AM

Comments

My brain just exploded. Why would ANYONE make out with Ann Coulter.

Posted by: Shinobi at October 11, 2007 7:00 AM

Don't hate her because she's beautiful, Shinny.

Seriously, she's 40+ years old. This is not Lindsay Lohan, whatever her politics. Once you're old enough to drive, vote and drink, PDA's just aren't that cute.

Posted by: Crid at October 11, 2007 8:41 AM

I think she's kinda wraith-like. And it's not just because I loathe the way makes millions appealing to the LCD of American conservatism.

Posted by: justin case at October 11, 2007 10:10 AM

Don't kid yourself: Conservatives don't care about her nearly as much as liberals do. If she had to make a living off the attention of the conservatives, she's be living in poverty. She pushes their buttons... They stand up and scream "Not that's just wrong! You have to admit it! You can't say it isn't!" And when nobody listens to them, the screaming liberal retreats into the NPR-soundtracked fantasy that he/she alone has the decency to lead the Republic to a Bold New Dawn of compassion and kindness and free stuff. She makes them feel a lot better about themselves than Gore does.

Posted by: Crid at October 11, 2007 10:21 AM

She makes them feel a lot better about themselves than Gore does.

Yeah, but it's conservatives who buy her books. That she has the lefties buttons down perfectly (I mean, can she push 'em or what!) just means she's guaranteed to get scads of free publicity when publishes Liberals are Scat-loving pedophiles or whatever her next book will be.

Posted by: justin case at October 11, 2007 11:19 AM

> when publishes Liberals
> are Scat-loving pedophiles

People are so touchy.

Posted by: Crid at October 11, 2007 11:31 AM

Andrew Stein's been around FOREVER. I had a total crush on him way back when Ann was still a Marxist.

Posted by: Lena at October 11, 2007 11:57 AM

Funny.

These days, he looks a bit like Andrew FRANKENstein.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at October 11, 2007 12:01 PM

Ann Coulter is a whore, and I mean no disrespect to streetwalkers by that, who are, at least, honest about it:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301216,00.html

Posted by: Amy Alkon at October 11, 2007 1:08 PM

Wow. She really is a devotee of the "no such thing as bad press" maxim. But I thought that her ilk these days were all pro-Jew.

Oh, and Crid - I wasn't being touchy, I was mocking Coulter's over-the-top schoolyard name-calling.

Posted by: justin case at October 11, 2007 1:38 PM

I'm a Jew and I would love to make out with Ann Coulter.

Posted by: snakeman99 at October 11, 2007 2:27 PM

'Jews Need to Be Perfected by Becoming Christians'

What is going on with this bitch? She's totally losing it. Psycho.

Posted by: Lena at October 11, 2007 5:14 PM

> over-the-top schoolyard
> name-calling

Riiiiight--- That's the touchy part, where you say "Surely, any sane man would agree with me that...." xyz

Posted by: Crid at October 11, 2007 5:27 PM

Nah, nothing of the sort. I don't care what any sane man thinks. I think that tossing around words like traitor and rapist to describe people you disagree with politically has a childishness about it that is unseemly in a woman bright enough to have edited the Michigan Law Review.

Posted by: justin case at October 11, 2007 8:21 PM

> a childishness about it
> that is unseemly

I imagine your nose sniffing as you typed that, and your back straightening as you sat a little higher in your chair, as if to look down on the very topic.

She's so uncouth.....

Posted by: Crid at October 11, 2007 9:48 PM

Imagine whatever you want. Name-calling is what kids do when they don't have anything better to say.

I could imagine this: the only reason you defend a potty-mouthed anti-feminist who says women shouldn't vote is because she gives you a stiffy. Especially just a few days after you self-righteously talked about the magnificence of the U.S. and other advanced western nations being substantially due to fully including women in their societies.

Posted by: justin case at October 11, 2007 10:22 PM

O'fer Chrissake. "Potty-mouthed"? All the sudden you're the Prim Prince of Cotillion. You're too sane to behave so weirdly on your own. Dude, you've been manipulated.

I have no idea why Anne Freaking Coulter would have said that "women shouldn't vote." I don't know the context, I'm not sure she said it, I'm not sure she didn't... Because I don't pay attention to Anne Coulter. Almost nobody to the right of Barbara Boxer does. She's not here for us, she's here for you, and you eat it up with a fork and a spoon and no napkin.

But that's not how this is supposed to go. I'm supposed to ask you what the context was, and you're then supposed to assert that the context was irrelevant/and or clear, that her fascism is undeniable, and I'm supposed to deny it. We're supposed to quibble, giving her an opportunity to cash the check. It's worth it to you to have the feeling that you've witnessed the transgression of an irrefutable boundary, one you can cluck about. You're the paying customer: Annie & I have no use for each other.

She's kinda skinny, but I appreciate your concern with my erotic fulfillment. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: Crid at October 12, 2007 11:56 AM

I resent that implication that I'm not to the right of Barbara Boxer.

Posted by: justin case at October 12, 2007 12:08 PM

You live to the east of her condo overlooking the Bay; it's not the same thing.

Posted by: Crid at October 12, 2007 12:14 PM

Ann said women shouldn't vote because there is a superficial link between welfare programs and women's suffrage.

Posted by: Radwaste at October 14, 2007 8:04 AM

Leave a comment