Why?
Pre-Oscar fashion, Venice, California.

inexplicable.jpg

It didn't get any better.

corduroyugly.jpg

The minute-by-minute review of the Oscars is here, from the Fug sisters.

UPDATE: More fabulous fugging -- of the duds on people's bodies -- here. My personal horrifying favorites so far? Sally Kirkland as Endora, and the vine growing up Forest Whitaker's wife's back.

Posted by aalkon at February 26, 2007 1:31 PM

Comments

The red skirt's OK if you're from Indiana. Also, the red text in the article to denote overtime is an excellent touch.

Posted by: Crid at February 26, 2007 7:46 AM

Far too many earthtones in Venice. And corduroy should be banned. Nobody looks good in it.

If you own any...burn it!

Posted by: Amy Alkon at February 26, 2007 8:24 AM

Those pictures could be from Venice 1968; clothes are just cleaner and no holes.

Posted by: Dave at February 26, 2007 8:26 AM

One word: damn

Posted by: André-Tascha at February 26, 2007 8:45 AM

My review of the Oscars: Ellen was a bore and Helen has fabulous breasts, which she should take out more often.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at February 26, 2007 9:08 AM

Two words: Oh My (grin)

Posted by: André-Tascha at February 26, 2007 9:43 AM

Hey! I am wearing corduroy pants this morning! I am hurt, offended and considering rehab to deal with the trauma.

Boring Oscars. Where was Halle? Jack gets scarier every year.

Posted by: eric at February 26, 2007 10:38 AM

Eric, two words: "Burn them."

Sorry. People assume that because corduroy is sold with reckless abandon it is okay to wear. It is not. Unless you are attending an event in the middle of the night where there will be no visible light. And even then, you don't want somebody to put their hand on your thigh and feel corduroy. Then again, if it's the wrong somebody, maybe you do.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at February 26, 2007 11:05 AM

Oy. The rolled up coveralls. Is she a cowgirl mechanic, trolling for tricks on her off-day?

Posted by: deja pseu at February 26, 2007 11:10 AM

If I send you a picture, will you tell me if they make my butt look big?

Posted by: eric at February 26, 2007 11:28 AM

But, of course!

(Can I post it, too? Please! Please!)

Posted by: Amy Alkon at February 26, 2007 11:29 AM

Hillary (http://hillaryjohnson.typepad.com/howsmyasslook/) has been somewhat remiss lately.

Posted by: Amy Alkon at February 26, 2007 11:30 AM

But cords sound so cool when you run... Zip! Zip! Zip!

Posted by: Paul Hrissikopoulos at February 26, 2007 12:46 PM

Paul, is your closet due for the fashion version of agricultural burning?

Posted by: Amy Alkon at February 26, 2007 1:04 PM

I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed the Oscars. But then I was well-fed and drinking heavily. Man, that Helen Mirren. I've had the hots for her since 2010. And no, Bill Maher, it wouldn't be like kissing grandma.

Posted by: Paul Hrissikopoulos at February 26, 2007 1:09 PM

Nah, I was just thinking back to that smoking cauldron of humiliation known as Jr. High. Not only did my mom make me wear cords, she made me wear white cords. But then she always was a bit of a sadist. I'm glad God killed her.

Posted by: Paul Hrissikopoulos at February 26, 2007 1:14 PM

Help Eric assess his butt in brown cords here:

Posted by: Amy Alkon at February 26, 2007 2:18 PM

Mirren was on the cover of Los Angeles magazine, and I wanted her sexually.

But not enough to buy the rag, so I dropped her name into Wiki-P and this came out:

- Mirren has frequently appeared
- nude on film as far back as her
- first film Age of Consent, and
- as a result has gained a "sexy"
- image. This image has not been
- diminished by age, as she appeared
- nude in the film Calendar Girls,
- and on the cover of the Radio Times
- October 5-11 issue in 1996.

Such crackling thunder from such a gentle, supple rack.

Posted by: Crid at February 26, 2007 2:56 PM

Helen did a great nude scene in the movie Cal (1984)

Posted by: Joe at February 26, 2007 3:37 PM

;)Oh, my friend, it's not what they take away from you that counts. It's what you do with what you have left.

Posted by: sylvester at July 7, 2007 12:55 PM